Don’t underestimate the importance of a proper valuation when selling your business. Improperly pricing your business can have serious implications, negatively impacting the process at various points during the transaction. For example:
- Price your business too high, and it won’t attract buyers
- Price it too low and you’re leaving money on the table
- If a buyer uncovers discrepancies in the valuation during due diligence, you run the risk of derailing the transaction
- Lending institutions could refuse to provide financing if the business is valued higher than it should be causing frustration to both you and the buyer.
SB M&A use several ways to determine what buyers would be willing to pay for your business. This may involve a formal business valuation, or alternatively, we could provide you with a Professional Broker Opinion of Value. Ultimately, the right approach depends on a variety of factors including:
- the size and complexity of your business
- the type of business
- the intended buyers of the business.
SB M&A intermediaries will advise you on the operational, organizational and financial factors that can potentially increase the value of your business, while setting realistic expectations concerning based on your assets, liabilities, and true earning capacity.
Uncover the real value of your business
Interested in selling a business?
Start the process. Complete confidentiality will be maintained